Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quick Chickpea Salad

I know - I've been missing since...well, forever. I have been cooking some good stuff but I've just been too tired to take pictures and seriously, what good is a food blog without pictures? Agreed, I take horrible pictures but a horrible one is better than no picture right?

Without spending too much time rambling, let's get on to this amazing chickpea salad. Chickpeas are good for you. Period. They decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and make you feel full so you don't crave for delicious tasting bad stuff like Nutella and ice cream, or Nutella mixed with ice cream. Umm. Forget I said that. Focus on the salad.


I suggest a sprinkling of chat masala for a wonderful flavor. You can buy one from the store or make your own. Important to note - home made spice mixtures are MUCH better than store bought ones. 

Quick Chickpea Salad

makes enough for one person

1 cup boiled chickpeas
1 small cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
1 small tomato, deseeded and finely diced
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp chat masala


Mix chickpeas, cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl. Add the seasoning and mix well. Serve cold.

You can try different combinations as far as the dressing is concerned - oregano, mint, and honey would be nice. 

Tomorrow, I will teach you how to make Garam Masala at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment