Saturday, April 27, 2013

Avocado Brownies

Avocados are the best thing in the whole world. They taste so good and they're so versatile - you can add them to just about anything!

Although, I should mention that I recently had a severe episode of food poisoning when I made pasta with avocado sauce. The husband suspects it was the avocados. I think it was the cheese. Cheese which I had bought way back in January of this year. It could never be the avocados, right? I mean, how can something so good be so bad? It's not like fish. {FYI - I also recently found out that I'm allergic to all kinds of fish, not only shellfish like I earlier thought. Sad.}

Let's make some healthy-for-you brownies, shall we?

Side note: They don't taste of avocados at all. 


Avocado Brownies

 -- adapted from How Sweet Eats

2 ripe avocados, mashed
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil or butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350C. 

In a large bowl, mix the mashed avocados with the melted chocolate. Add sugar and fold everything with a spatula. 

Add eggs and fold again. Add flour, cocoa powder, oil, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix everything till combined. 

Pour batter in a greased 9-inch square pan. Bake for 35 minutes. 

Let cool completely before slicing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment