Monday, August 8, 2011

Multi Grain Sandwiches

I really tried to make this look pretty but the ketchup on the plate looks like some weird alien thing. I am sorry. But, I promise the sandwiches taste really good. Try them for breakfast or as an evening snack! You won't be disappointed.

Before I start with the recipe, here's some good news - I am going to visit my parents tomorrow. Yay! And then on 13th or 14th August, we head off to Leh, if the weather permits. Since I get sick pretty quick, I really hope I am able to enjoy the trip. I guess it might be fun, even with the lack of proper bathrooms and sleeping in tents.

For now, let's just focus on the sandwiches and please ignore the ugly blob of ketchup. I know I need to learn a lot of things when it comes to decorating my food nicely. kthxbai.


God. It really does look bad. Ignore mode, ignore, ignore.

Multi Grain Sandwiches - makes one


Original source: Meals on the Run with Sunita on FoodFirst. Channel 462 on DishTV. Wasabi and salami are my own additions. You can use cabbage, apples and beets too.


1/2 cucumber, finely grated
1/2 carrot, finely grated
4 tbsp low fat cheese spread
2 slices chicken salami or any other that you prefer
1 tbsp Wasabi paste (optional)
3 slices multi grain bread
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Grate the cucumbers after removing the seeds and squeeze off excess water from the carrot and cucumber by pressing them in your hand. Now, use this water as a face mask. See? Beauty benefits with healthy eating!

Mix the grated carrot, cucumber, and cheese spread with salt and pepper till it forms a thick mixture. In the meantime, lightly toast the multi grain bread. I use a frying pan for doing this since it is easier and prevents the grains in the bread from burning, which is common if using a toaster.

Place the salami on the bread and top this with a thick layer of the cheese mixture. Cover with the second slice of bread. Spread Wasabi paste on top of the second slice and a layer of the cheese mixture again. Serve warm or cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment