Friday, December 30, 2011

The Year That Was

One more day and we'll step into a new year - a year which starts with a lot of speculation, including the Internet world's belief that the world will end in 2012. Whether it ends or not, my plans cover each month and I am fervently hoping to get them into the execution/implementation stage so they don't wither and die like everything else that I do.

Here's a life update about everything that happened in 2011.

Work: When I started freelancing, most people (including some old friends) thought it was an excuse to sound busy when really all I was doing was turning into a SAW (Stay at home Wife). It was a tough journey. I had no idea about getting started. There were scammers and cheaters lurking in every cranny of the World Wide Web and it was difficult.

I am proud of my decision to stick to it. When I started out, my only plan was to make ends meet but I have done so much better than that. I have become a smart businesswoman, after quickly realizing that a business like approach was crucial for success.

There was a time when quoting $30 for an article seemed unfathomable and now, even $100 for a 500 word write up seems too little.

I found amazing people (love you CPN!) who encouraged me and helped me realize my true worth.

With the start of 2012, I look forward to many, many more years of freelancing!

Life: Two years of being married. In hindsight, everything seems beautiful but only the married ones know the ups and downs of marital life. Someone rightly said, marriage can be beautiful with the right person and so it is for me.

It has been a bumpy road for sure. I am amazed how my mother manages to keep the house so neat and clean, cook amazing food, and still find time for herself. I think am on the road to perfection here, although the destination seems pretty far away.

2011 was a wonderful year for my mom and dad. They're the best parents in this world and I am so lucky to have their love, support, and encouragement.

My only wish is for my brother - I hope you get what you want. Even though you irritate me no end, I love you very, very much. You're the bestest!

Baking: After writing, if there is a passion I have, it is definitely for baking. The smell of vanilla, the addition of butter, the sweetness of sugar - I am in love with the process!

So, for 2012, be ready for a sweet secret something. I am still mixing up the batter for it!

For all of you, I wish happiness, joy, good health, and lots of success. Have a Happy New Year! And while you're at it, have some cake too ('cos you know, it is my birthday too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment